I’ll need it as soon as I start working on the DocBook stylesheets: Tennison Tests (XSLT Unit Testing).
Archive for July, 2006
Just have written to a mail list: “DOM is something I definitively avoid to use. Using DOM in programs is like programming in assembler, except the latter is fun, but the former is only tiresome coding.”.
I have a lot of functional tests for SCons processes. At some moment, I improved one of the first steps in the process. As result, now most tests fail due to “rebuilding `file‘ because the contents of the build action changed”. It’s impossible to re-made the tests. Instead, I decided to correct information in the .sconsign files.
I’ve dumped some my thoughts to text. Result is a draft of a possible paper: “Towards s-expression based XPath/XSLT implementation“.
I’ve released a minor update of TeXML. I found that combination of the command-line flags “--ascii” and “--encoding” didn’t work as desired. Now TeXML attempts to write a symbol in the form “^^XX” first, and only then consults the rewritting maps.
Following the request in xml-dev:
What’s new/changed in 2.0?
Finally, TeXML 2.0 is released.
Supporting community sites causes pain. One of the new pains is phpBB spam. I’ve collected my recommendations in the article “phpBB Antispam HOWTO“.
SCons supports a list of files to be also deleted on “scons -c” (cleaning). Here is a code example how to check that a file is in the list.
Rentacoder is a good source of amusement. Recently I submitted an article to be proofread, and one of the replies was: “…Pls send us the font & style specifications & we can complete the project.We have good experience in E-conversion & Proofreading,so we will be able to do your project in no time.”
Unit testing is good, but the actual behaviour of a program also should be tested.
Finally, I’ve uploaded the new TeXML documetation for the upcoming version 2.0: http://getfo.org/texml/. And it seems I’ve forgotten to announce the version 2.0.0.beta1.