I program 20 years as work and hobby. I am the author of OpenSource and commercial projects used worldwide. Special skills:
- TDD in scripting languages
- Project management
Oleg Parashchenko (first name, family name),
40 years old (19.12.1977, Murmansk, USSR),
living in Neufahrn bei Freising (near München airport),
Russian citizenship, unlimited work and stay permit in the European Union.
Winner of “Google Summer of Code 2005”.
Software with more than 1000 independent users:
- Rusconv (1998). Freeware converter for Russian codepages. Was mentioned in paper books.
- bbAntiSpam Advanced Textual Confirmation (2006) stops web spam. Freeware and shareware, with contributions from users and more than hundred licenses sold.
- TeXML (2006) is an XML syntax for TeX. Provided as a package in many Linux systems and in MacPorts.
- CALS tables for LaTeX (2011) is available on CTAN and in TeX systems.
Cliqz MyOffrz GmbH (Munich, Germany)
August 2018 - Present
FDTech GmbH (Munich, Germany)
January 2018 - June 2018
SOLIN GmbH (Munich, Germany)
February 2017 - December 2017
80% fullstack developer for an Amazon Web Services serverless application (internal BMW project), 20% project manager.
- Web-Fronend with Angular 2.
- Python for integration tests.
- Deployment system using CloudFormation.
- Architect, mentor und scrum-master roles.
Bitplant.de GmbH & Co. IT-Services KG (Heidenheim, Germany)
April 2007 - January 2017
Python, wxPython, C, Java, Scheme R5RS, XML, XSLT 1.0 und 2.0, XProc, LaTeX, FrameMaker, FrameScript (ElmScript), VBA, Open XML, Microsoft Word, Excel, Mac OS X
Data conversion, automatic publishing from XML data. Organizational and technical development of software in complete life cycle. Creating an XML document management system for technical documentation.
- Applied the use case design method to define the specification of the product.
- Introduced the main decisive concepts and approaches, therefore making clear thow to handle the software as well as the obscure features and border cases.
- Feasibility study of the user needs and optionally re-formulating them in other terms. The alternative approaches saved months of programming.
- Foreign code integration and troubleshooting, sometimes on the C and assembly levels.
xmlhack.ru (Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
June 2001 - June 2009
The Russian-speaking XML community.
- Raised xmlhack.ru to the top of the Russian IT sites.
- Found authors to collaborate on writing news and collecting XML-related resources.
- Acquired experts to participate in the community forum.
- Arranged publishing book excerpts with copyholders.
- Got money from advertisers.
Betresearch Ltd. (Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
March 2002 - August 2003
Planning, documentation, realization and support of a Web information system, training of users. The system collects data from Web and from users, stores data in database, finds incorrect data and produces interactive reports.
- The system works and satisfies user requirements.
- Improved the development process by introducing a collaborative documentation tool, bug tracking and code tracking systems.
- Re-worked the core parts of the system to fix the performance and maintenance issues.
- Applied mathematical knowledge to solve the data analysis challenges.
InfoCentre Ltd. (Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
July 1999 - February 2002
Realization of SGML- and XML-related projects for Web and paper publishing.
- Publication system. The source SGML data is stored in the POET database. The user creates templates of desired output documents. A generator produces context sensitive help files, HTML files and documentation for printing.
- Various plug-ins for FrameMaker+SGML.
- Plug-ins for Macromedia Director for accessing data, which are stored in POET database.
- Java programming of an assistant for configuring complex systems.
- Realization of search processes on a CD version of HTML catalogues.
- Perl and Balise based generators of online and CD HTML catalogues for product description, generation of print versions using single source SGML data.
Head of the military student group
Saint-Petersburg State University, Military Faculty (Russia)
September 1997 - June 2000
- Intermediate between the students and the staff.
- Organizer of the in-group processes.
UNIX system administrator assistant
Saint-Petersburg State University, mathematics faculty (Russia)
September 1997 - June 1999
Installation and support of software, user support, working on security issues.
Master degree: mathematician in the field "Software for computers and automated systems"
Saint-Petersburg State University, mathematics faculty, department of system programming, 1995-2000.
Ph.D study in mathematics and computer science, cancelled due to relocation.
Saint-Petersburg State University, mathematics faculty, department of system programming, 2003-2005.
- Coursera course "Web-services development with Go" by Romanov Vasiliy, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Mail.Ru Group.
- Coursera course "Front-End Web Development with React" by Jogesh K. Muppala, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Edx course "DAT257x Reinforcement Learning Explained" by Microsoft.
- Course "Project Management Professional Exam Prep Seminar" by Joseph Philips/instructing.com.
- Course "Angular Pro" von Todd Motto.
- Coursera course "Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies" by Princeton University.
- Udemy course "AWS Certified Developer ‒ Associate 2017" and "AWS Lambda 2016 ‒ The Complete Guide" by Ryan Kroonenburg.
- The books "Effective Java" and "Java Puzzlers" by Joshua Bloch.
- The book "Modern C++ Programming with Test-Driven Development" by Jeff Langr.
- Coursera course "Development of Real-Time Systems" by Åbo Akademi University Finland.
- Stepic course "Multithread-Programming in C++" by it.mail.ru.
- Coursera course "Robotics: Mobility" by Daniel E. Koditschek, University of Pensilvania.
- Coursera course "Machine Learning" by Andrew Ng. Tools: octave/mathematica.
- Coursera course "Machine Learning" by Yandex. Tool: Python, NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn.
- Conference "XML Prague 2016".
- The books "More effective C++" and "Effective Modern C++" by Scott Meyers are studied.
- Munich Frontend Conference 2017, has given a lightning talk.
- Paper: “Paragraph designer with galley approach” (TUGboat 37:1, 2016).
- 2016, speaker at the TeX users meeting in Wuppertal (Frühjahrstagung 2016 von DANTE e.V.), with the talk “Erfahrung und Vorhersagen für automatisches XML-nach-PDF-Publizieren mit TeX” (experience and prediction for automatical from-XML-to-PDF publishing using TeX). Slides.
- Paper: “cals package: multipage tables with decorations” (TUGboat 32:2, 2011).
- Paper: “Generate TeX documents using pdfscript” (TUGboat 31:3, 2010).
- Speaker at XATA 2010. Paper: “XML to paper publishing with manual intervention”. Slides of the talk.
- Paper: “Minimal setup for a (cyrillic) TrueType font” (TUGboat 31:1, 2010).
- Participant of the Summer School on Generative and Transformational Techniques in Software Engineering (GTTSE'2007). Poster: Generative XPath. Uniting theory and practice.
- Speaker at XML Prague 2007.
- Scientific advisor for the master diploma “XPath over S-expressions” by Evgeni Milenin, Saint-Petersburg State University, 2007.
- 2007, extended abstract: “Recursion-free XPath 1.0 implementation”.
- Program committee member at SYRCoDIS'2007.
- Paper: “TeXML: Resurrecting TeX in the XML world” (TUGboat 28:1, 2007).
- 2006, paper: “Towards s-expression based XPath/XSLT implementation”.
- Speaker at XTech 2006. Paper: “XSieve: extending XSLT with the roots of XSLT”. Slides.
- Program committee member at SYRCoDIS'2006.
- 2005, paper: “XML View on Hierarchical Data Using SXML and Scheme”.
- Participant of the Summer School on Generative and Transformational Techniques in Software Engineering (GTTSE'2005).
- 2005, extended abstract: “Using DSLs on top of Scheme VM”.
- One of the “Google Summer of Code 2005” winners.
- 2005, paper: “Reusing XML Processing Code in non-XML Applications”.
- 2004/2005, author of the seminar on Free and Open Source Software Developent for the students of the Saint-Petersburg State University (SPbSU).
- Speaker at the First Conference of Free Software Developers on Protva River 2004. Theses:
- 2004, presentation “Generative Programming and XSLT” for SPbSU students.
- 2000, master degree: “Plain Text XML Representation”.
- PMI: Project Management Institute
Programming, chess, human languages, sport.
Last modified: 31 January 2018.
Oleg A. Paraschenko <olpa uucode com>