essence of my CS work
Recently I was asked for high-level details of my scientific work. As result, I've written a short text, which I like.
The main operations with the tree data in programs are:
* (a) navigation over the trees,
* (b) transformation of the trees.
My work consist of:
* I claim that instead of writing code for (a) and (b) manually, it's more profitable to use XPath and XSLT, correspondingly.
* I explain how to do it.
Copied it to my research wiki.
Meanwhile, two competitors have appeared recently:
* TreeBind by Eric van der Vlist, and
* Virtual XML Garden by IBM alphaWorks.
Eric visits XTech 2006, so I hope we will productively share our experience.