After long break, I returned back to XSieve and found that the new tools doesn't compile the sources.
Many errors are easy to fix, I need only to explicitely specify the type conversion. I made few changes, and re-run make to get the location of the next errors. Instead, I got serious problems:
$ make stox.o ... stox.c:7:28: error: libxml/globals.h: No such files or directory In file included from sxml.h:9, from stox.c:8: stox.h:10:35: error: libxml/xpathInternals.h: No such files or directory ...
My CFLAGS went away!
I had to spend a lot of time on the dark area of autotools just to understand that the correct command line was:
$ make xsieve_sourceforge_net_la-stox.o ...