My name is Oleg. Glad to meet you on my homepage.
I'm an open-source and freelance developer in the area of technical documentation. My main research interests are XML technologies and generative programming.
- TeXML is an XML syntax for TeX. A processor translates TeXML source into TeX, escaping special and out-of-encoding characters.
- Consodoc publishing server converts XML to beautiful documents. Plus psnup2, a better psnup.
I have no free time, so I can't publish all my works.
Many of them are internal projects, just for fun.
- Stop web spam using question-answer captcha.
- XSieve is an XML transformation language based on combination of XSLT 1.0 and a Lisp dialect Scheme. XSieve is an alternative to XSLT 2.0.
- find with XPath over file system
- The standard UNIX utility find now supports XPath.
- sTeXme = TeX + Scheme
- The TeX extension “sTeXme” allows to manipulate TeX internals using the Scheme programming language.
- Lazy pairs for Guile
- Lazy car and cdr for the Scheme list representation of C tree-like structures.
- Scheme runtime environment in Python.
- Python GUI wrapper for a long operation
- A complete Python Tkinter application demonstrates one of the ways to implement a good GUI wrapper for a long operation: with a progress bar, log messages, cancelling.
- GetReuse helps you to identify text that is reused in different places. Thereby you can eliminate duplication and contradictory information, and assemble a pool of reusable fragments.
- VIM syntax highlighting for FrameScript.
- Transfer your XML data between applications using simple plain-text notation.
- XML and Perl. Russian encoding pack for XML::Parser.
Filtering SAX events: include functionality and 8bit DOM instead of UTF8.
Module for more productive use of XML::DOM.
- Rusconv (in Russian).
- Converter of Russian codepages version 3.11, freeware, with sources.
Rusconv is an alternative to iconv and recode for regular mass-converting.
- A lot of writings are in my blog.
- Ползунятка Румба
- Personal impressions on iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot (in Russian).
- Как я провел лето
- An article for Computerra about my Google Summer of Code 2005 experience (in Russian).
- Разработка свободного программного обеспечения
- Seminar on Free Software Development for the 3rd year students of SPbSU (in Russian).
- Порождающее программирование и язык XSLT
- Summary of the talk “Generative Programming and XSLT” (in Russian).
- FrameMaker under Wine, CrossOver Office and VMWare
- Compiling Python with MinGW gcc under Windows
- phpBB antispam solution
- Obfuscated C Programming.
- Review of "The Thirteenth
International Obfuscated C Code Contest" (13th IOCCC, 1996). I made an HTML interface to de-obfuscated code
and comments (sorry, but comments are only in Russian version).
Oleg A. Paraschenko <olpa uucode com>